Wednesday, October 19, 2005

a birthday, various travels, and back to work

Greetings. I am back in Berlin now after some miscellaneous time away - my friend Bain came in from Canada and we spent some time in Amsterdam (doing what one does in Amsterdam), here in Berlin and down in Prague - doing what one does in Prague, which is mostly walk around and drink extraordinary beer. What a phenomenal city! I have been there a number of times now but it seems to just keep getting more and more beautiful. Also, the general feeling seems very upbeat - more so than ever before, I think - people are smiling and there seems to be a lot of energy in the air. Hard to put my finger on but there it is. Here are a couple of Amsterdam pics:
Bicycle Parking, Amsterdam
Canal scene, Amsterdam

... and a couple of Prague pictures:
the Charles Bridge
Bain at Cafe Imperial

Then I turned 35. Yikes. I mean, I can't pretend it was unexpected, I knew it was coming, and it wasn't all that wierd really in the grand scheme of things, but time does march along, you know? Anyway, Athanasia and I took a long weekend away for the occasion, and went down to the Sächsische Schweiz (I hope I've got that right, it's almost as hard to spell as to say) - Saxon Switzerland, a strange and wonderful landscape of sandstone mountains, pillars, cliffs and gorges on the Czech-German border south of Dresden.

Here are some pics from the Saxon Switzerland:





Finally, we are home, and back at the grind, which for me involves some very rushed rescores for the next step in the Broken Saints oddyssey - the DVD has been picked up for pretty major distribution and they need a few changes made to the content, so I am doing some minor work on that. Also, I am continuing to work on ways to 'get the word out' using various online promotional sites - including MySpace and UBL (the Ultimate Band List, which ties into ArtistDirect somehow). The links take you to my pages at both.

I'll try to keep more regular updates here - things are actually moving pretty fast - so I'll sign off now. Can't stare at screen any longer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home