Friday, October 07, 2005

Further musings on marathon madness


This is mainly an excuse to post a couple of further pics from my Marathon Experience. I have largely recovered, despite enjoying quite a few more alcoholic refreshments than usual on a short three-cities tour (Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague) with a visiting childhood friend over the last week. I have begun to run again, which was rather tough at first - you just can't believe how deep into the muscle tissue that pesky lactic acid gets - and did my first 10k yesterday, still feeling pretty stiff. I am quite sure I will run another marathon, and am looking at the calendar to try to find one I want to run in a time-frame that makes sense. The feeling of accomplishment has not worn off, and will probably outlast the stiffness and fatigue in my legs. So, that's that...

(... sorry these are marred with the copyright notices of the event photography firm, Action Photos - consider it an advertisement for their fine services, as opposed to, well, me not paying for the images. Maybe I'll buy prints and scan them at some point...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home